This soup is perfect for summertime with a light spice and served with pinenuts and crème fraiche
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 350g carrots, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 650ml vegetable stock
- Dash orange juice
- 1 tbsp ground caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tbsp ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ star anise
- Cook the onions, garlic, bay leaf and star anise in a little oil ensuring they don’t colour too much, but soften nicely.
- Add the remaining spices and cook over a medium heat for a further two minutes
- Throw in the carrots and the liquids and gently simmer until they are cooked
- Blend the soup until the desired consistency is achieved. You could pass this through a sieve to create a really smooth texture, or leave it chunky.