Perfect served with roasted sweet potato, butternut squash and basil pesto
- 500 grams ricotta cheese (full-fat / whole milk)
- 2 large egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 finely chopped red chilli
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4/350ºF.
- Mix the ricotta with the beaten egg whites and add most of the chopped chives and chilli, the lemon zest and salt and pepper.
- Brush a 20cm / 8 inch Springform tin with oil, and pour in the ricotta mixture then drizzle with olive oil and scatter a little more chopped chives and chilli over the top. Don’t be alarmed at how shallow this is; it is not intended to be other than a slim disc.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes. The baked ricotta will rise a little and set dry on top, but will not turn a golden colour like a cake.
- Let the tin cool a little before springing open, and removing to a plate. Leave to cool a little longer, then cut into wedges or rounds.